Volunteer Resource Program
Did you know that you can make secure donations online? Donate to IOA anytime through Network For Good.
Click Here to Donate
Institute on Aging's Volunteer Resource Program seeks to match volunteer skills and interests with existing and developing opportunities. By creating a partnership between volunteers, staff and clients, the program serves the agency mission of helping Bay Area elderly live independently.
Interested volunteers will be interviewed to assess their interests, goals, skills, and commitment to our mission. Volunteers will then receive orientation and training and be placed in their new roles. IOA volunteers will receive group and individual ongoing training and support as well as attend all of our Community Education Programs free of charge.
Benefits of Volunteering
- Create enriching connections with elderly clients, staff, and fellow volunteers
- Make a real difference in the lives of Bay Area elderly
- Learning Opportunities
- Professional Development
- Free access to all IOA Educational Programs
- Flexible schedules and commitments available
- Unlimited opportunities to contribute
- Volunteer Resource Department always available to assist you
Click program titles below for specific volunteer information.
- Community Awareness Volunteer/Speaker's Bureau Representative
- Friendship Line 24-Hour Hotline for Seniors
- Irene Swindells Center for Adult Day Services
- Keep in Touch - Home Visitor Program for the Elderly
- On Lok Lifeways Program of All Inclusive Care for the Elderly
- Ruth Ann Rosenberg Adult Day Services and the Alzheimer’s Day Center
- Skilled and/or Professional Volunteers
- Translation and Interpretation Services
To get involved with Institute on Aging, please fill out our Volunteer Application and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about our programs and volunteer opportunities, please contact Susan Lee Lindeman: 415.750.4140 ext.124 or email@example.com.
Institute on Aging
San Francisco County
3575 Geary Boulevard
San Francisco, CA 94118
1005 A Street, Suite 207
San Rafael, CA 94901
San Mateo and
Santa Clara Counties
291 Lambert Avenue
Palo Alto, CA 94603
Hours: 8am - 5pm